|5361 Malaspina Place|
|Easy to remember |
ISPangle.com or iSPANGLE.com.
Project Management Information Systems
ISP home > I.S.P.
information systems planning corp consulting services >
Build project management information systems
Project information extremely valuable for managers. Projects enable an
organization to deploy the new products, services, processes to respond to
You need accurate project plans before you can
build a project management information system.
Examples of project management information systems include
- Cablevision company
configuring fiber optic network to upgrade their service. They had 150
projects with 850 splices. Each connection involved splicing 100 fibers or
more. Each splice involved twelve steps. So master plan had over ten
- Legal firms to plan and manage case load.
firms using Microsoft Project for Project Cost accounting.
development firms who develop software inhouse or for clients.
No two clients are the same but Microsoft Project offers great flexibility.
ISP builds project management information systems for clients by customizing
Microsoft Project . This organizations them plan, manage, track and report
projects more effectively.
with many project managers should use Microsoft
Project Server to achieve a robust solution. Smaller
organizations with fewer project managers can build an information system
using Microsoft Project.
Project Management information systems
The benefits of a project management information system include:
- Better utilization of resources.
- Release hidden capabilities of Microsoft Project.
- Reduce the learning curve which frustrates new users.
- Coach project managers during preparation of their first plans.
PMIS features include:
- Resource management
- Workload Analysis
- Forecasting resource requirements for new projects.
- Consistent progress reporting to clients and management.
- Centralized time collection.
- Standards and guidelines simplify planning and
- Templates speed plan preparation.
PMIS roles and responsibilities
- Project managers
- Project management office
- Project administrators
Key Microsoft Project files may be stored in files, databases or
Microsoft Project Server.
- Stores custom items such as calendars, menus, views,
tables, filters and fields.
- Define resources required to complete project
- Reduce plan preparation by storing default information in templates.
- Actual project plans with tasks, resource
- Master projects
- Contain summary details of projects for
management summary and resource planning.
Items to customize when building a PMIS:
- define define holidays and working shifts.
Each resource may have their own calendar.
- to simplify access functions and setup views more
- Reduce setup time when entering functions with
- Speed data entry and simplify reports with custom
- Custom Fields
- Store custom data and perform calculations
in custom fields.
- Reduce with amount of data in views and reports with custom
Copyright June 18, 2005 Brian Mullen, I.S.P. information systems planning corp.
Last updated: Nov. 1, 2012
email me with your questions